Simple things.. Are they Really Simple ?

Monday, March 05, 2007

Love to Meet/See Celebraties

I am not a movie fanatic, but I love to watch movies. I have my own list of directors, actors and I would always try not to miss their work on screen. I have a big respect for cine industry and particularly for those who really contributes. I am a small town guy with all anxiety to look the artists in person. I came to chennai for my project work and subsequently for the job after before seven years. Since then I have seen quite a number of heroes, heroines, comedians,musicians, play back singer at various places. Most recently I saw AR Rahman outside his residence.

So thought of taking a stock of celebraties whom I have seen till date :

1. Arjun & Raguvaran- at a cinema shoot on anna flyover
2. Prakash raj - at Pandian Hotel, Madurai
3.Mamooty & Ramya Krishnan- At besant nagar beach at a shooting
4. Meena, Director Vasanth - At Shoppers stop on a cassette launch
5.Vikram,Vivek,Parthipan,Simbu,Pavatharini,Priya Raman,Ranjith,Madan(Cartoonist) - At Landmark
6.Sibiraj - Pantaloons - Chennai Citi Center.
7.Sridevi - Landmark - Chennai Citi Center.
8.AR Rahman - At his house gate.
9.Jayachandran (Playback singer) - on Kodambakkam high road.
10.Hariharan, Srinivas,Vasundhra Das - At Music World, Spencer Plaza for a Cassette Launch.
11.Livingston - Annanagar, Chennai
12. Vadivelu, Abbas - At a star show at Madurai
13. Sarathkumar, Radhika, Sangeetha, Gautham Menon - At Dublin, Park Sheraton.

Generally, I would always like to greet and talk with them if get a chance. But many want to just skip through them and pretend as though they are not interested. I dont find any fault with them. According to me, if we really enjoy their performance on the screen, why not appreciating. They have a talent and they are into a profession like many of us. SoI really dont mind, infact love to say 'Hi' to them. I too dont like hero worship.

When I met Livingston in Annanagar, I just spotted him in a lonely street. He was wearing a tee and shorts and walking slowly checking the coins . When I called and said 'hi', he just asked me where am I from. I said Madurai. Only after sometime I realised, usually people here dont bother about celebraties, particularly those from cinema.

I look forward to see/meet Rajinikanth, Kamalhasan, Ilayaraja, SPB for now. Lets see.

Will keep the list updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home